Call Us: 020 8771 5254
Amphlett Lissimore Logo
Wills and Probate


Should an individual lose their mental capacity through an illness, or have a serious brain injury, then another person (usually a family member or a friend) can apply to the Court of Protection to be appointed "deputy" to take charge of the individual's property and financial affairs.

Request a Callback

The deputy can deal with the individual’s house, bank account, savings and other investments.

There are directions from the court on how to do this, and you must keep a record of how you manage the finances on behalf of the individual. Our lawyers have a wealth of experience dealing with the Court of Protection, and are here to provide advice and guidance in this area.

You may be concerned about decisions that someone else is making on behalf of a loved one, or perhaps you are worried that a relative is no longer able to manage their own affairs. If this is the case, you can ask the Court of Protection to appoint a deputy to ensure that decisions are made in the individual’s best interests.

Our Court of Protection lawyers are committed to protecting the interests of vulnerable people and their families. You can talk to us in complete confidence, and our free initial assessment promise means that you can get answers to your immediate questions quickly and easily. If you would like to find out how we can help you to use the Court of Protection to protect yourself or a loved one, please contact us on 020 8771 5254

Request a callback

If you would like to discuss our wills and probate services or book an appointment with us, please get in touch, or request a callback.

What our clients say

Wills and Probate Team

Our Services